SRMJEEM Syllabus and sample question paper for MBA – The SRM University also conducts an entrance exam for the MBA course through its management college.This joint entrance examination has a five parts sections that include Data Interpretation, Quantitative, Reasoning and English and general knowledge.Each section contains 20 questions for 100 questions totally.
SRMJEEM Syllabus and sample question paper for MBA
The question paper will have 5 parts with the following topics:
PART 1. DATA INTERPRETATION: (20 Questions)
To evaluate the candidate’s ability to pick out critically the data and apply the data to business
decisions from given typical business situations.
• Data Interpretation based on text, Data Interpretation based on graphs and tables.
• Graphs can be Column graphs, Bar Graphs, Line charts, Pie chart, Graphs representing
Area, Venn Diagram, etc.
PART 2. QUANTITATIVE: (20 Questions)
To evaluate the skill on solving mathematical problems of graduate level including those
learnt in plus two or equivalent level.
• Ratios and Proportion, Ratios, Percentages, In – equations, Algebra and Profit & Loss
• Averages, Percentages, Partnership & Time – Speed – Distance, Work and time
• Probability, Permutations & Combinations
PART 3. REASONING: (20 Questions)
To evaluate the candidate’s skill on Logical reasoning
• Critical reasoning, Visual reasoning, Assumption – Premise – Conclusion, Assertion
and reasons, Statements and assumptions, identifying valid inferences, identifying
Strong arguments and Weak arguments, Statements and Conclusions, Cause and Effect,
Identifying Probably true, Probably false, definitely true, definitely false kind of
statement, Linear arrangements, Matrix arrangements.
• Puzzles, Syllogisms, Functions, Family tree – identifying relationship among group of
people, Symbol Based problems, Coding and decoding, Sequencing, identifying next
number in series, etc.
PART 4: ENGLISH: (20 Questions)
To evaluate the skill of the candidate on written English with questions on errors in usage,
grammar, punctuation and the like.
• Comprehension of passage
• Verbal Reasoning, Syllogisms, Antonyms, Fill in the Blanks, Jumbled paragraphs with 4
or 5 sentences
• Sentence Correction, Sentence completion, Sentence Correction, odd man out, idioms,
one word substitution, Different usage of same word etc.
PART 5: GK/CA/BA: (20 Questions)
To evaluate the candidate’s skill on General knowledge, current affairs and Business Affairs
• Current Affairs, Business, Punch line of companies, Top officials of big companies,
Major corporate events
• Famous award and prizes
• Science, History, Geography, International organizations
• Social issues, Sports, Finance, Automobiles, Entertainment, Politics etc.
SRMJEEM Model/sample questions
This sample question paper will give you good idea for the type of questions and the layout of the exam pattern paper.It consists of 100 questions each of 20 questions for all the five sections.At the end of the paper is the answer key.
Download the pdf of the sample paper here.