Transfer of residence rules for car and motorcycle

 Apart from household goods and other domestic cargo,there are separate customs

charges and duties for import of cars,motorcycles and pets.

Transfer of residence rules for car and motorcycle:

Either a motor car or motorcycle maybe imported.

Motor cars are not specifically mentioned in the Baggage rules by CBEC but a few

conditions are laid down:

If the shipper has the used the car previously for atleast a year for it to qualify for TR.

Itshould be atleast 1600cc engine if used, or less than 1600cc for brand new motor

car, however duty of 111% will be levied on original price of car.If car is used then

depreciated price will come into effect:


For used cars,the depreciation in price of car is calculated as :

1st year-4% every quarter =16% p.a

2nd year-3% every quarter =12% p.a

3rd year-2.5% every quarter=10% p.a

4th year-2% every quarter =8% p.a

Upto 70% depreciation allowed thereafter



For transfer of pets, only 2 animals per passenger is allowed. Either dog or cat ,

provided it satisfies all heath checks, otherwise will be quarantined.

, ,

No comments yet.

Leave a Reply

Powered by WordPress. Designed by Woo Themes