MH CET Law Eligibility 2018, Age Limit, Qualification Criteria – This state level law exam for Maharashtra is for candidates who want to take admission into colleges in the state for LLB courses that are 3 years and 5 years duration.You need to check your eligibility for the exam before you can proceed and fill out the application form.This entrance examination is conducted by the Government of Maharashtra State Common Entrance Test Cell.
MH CET Law Eligibility 2018
The eligibiity for the MH CET Law places candidates into six different groups,check which one you fit into.
1.Maharashtra candidates – Candidates can claim only one type of Maharashtra State Candidature which is mentioned below.
- Type A: A candidate who born in Maharashtra or having domicile of Maharashtra.
- Type B: The father or mother of a candidate is domiciled in the state of Maharashtra.
- Type C: The father or mother of a candidate is employed in Government of India or posted or reported in duty in Maharashtra state before the last date of submission application form for CAP.
- Type D: The father or mother of a candidate is an employee of Maharashtra or Government of Maharashtra Undertaking.
- Type E: Candidates those passed SSC or HSC or equivalent examination from a recognized institution from a divided Maharashtra Karnataka Border Area and whose Mother tongue is Marathi.
2.Foreign candidates – These maybe of PIO person of Indian origin do not have to apply for the CET but are eligible for the admission rounds.
3.NRI – Non resident Indians also are eligible for the admission rounds and do not need to give the CET but need to mark this in the application.
4.J& K- Oringinal inhabitants of Jammu and Kashmir can apply for the MHCET LAW and need to choose this category while applying.
5.All India Candidates – These candidates have done thier SSC and HSC – 10th and 12th exams from states other than Maharashtra are also eligible.
6.Minority Candidates – Candidates from the state of Maharashtra who are a religious or linguistic minority approved by the Government are eligible to apply
MHCET Eligibility – Age Criteria
Lower Age Limit: Candidates age limit should be 20 years (22 years for SC/ST of Maharashtra only) as on 1st July 2018.
Upper Age Limit: There is no upper age limit to appear in both the exams.
MHCET LAW Education Qualification
For 3 years LLB course
The candidate needs to be a graduate or post graduate atleast from a recognized college/institution in India.Also you need minimum 45% marks in the qualifying exam.Reduced to 40% for reserved category.
For 5 years LLB course
1.Candidates who appeared directly for 10th boards or SSC examination without having valid education of previous years – from standard 1 to standard 9 is not eligible.
2.Candidates need a minimum 45% marks in the qualifying exam.Reduced to 40% for reserved category.
3.Candidates who did private 12th education or distance education for board exams in 10+ 2 are also eligible provided there is a minimum gap of 2 years between 10th and 12th exams.