Agriculture Courses After 12th – Agriculture is the biggest industry ad trade in India.In the last decade,modern technology and marketing has made it into an organized sector and along with it,white collar jobs have been created.There are various courses in both the technical as well the managing side that you can sign up for that will give you a good start into this field.
Agriculture Courses After 12th
These courses vary in length,difficulty and specialization. Each type of course will lead you on a slightly different career path so,according to your age and educational qualification,choose the course wisely.
Bachelors Degree courses
After doing class 12,this is one of the best options to go for and the scope of a bachelors degree has no limitations.
- B.Sc Agriculture
- B.Sc Horticulture
- B.Sc Biotechnology
- B.Sc Forestry
- B.Sc Food Technology
- B.Sc Food Processing
- BBA Agriculture
- B.Tech / B.E Agriculture
Things to remember about agriculture bachelors degrees:
- They are much longer than diplomas and certificate courses and last for 3-4 years
- There is lots of concentration on theory subjects,some of which might not help in real world job situation.
- Biggest advantage of a bachelors course is that you get a graduation degree that is very useful in future to get a job even in another area of expertise,or if you want to change your line later on.
Masters Degree Courses
These are two year degree courses that can be attempted directly after getting the respective bachelors in the same or affiliated courses.You can choose a specialty course in which to do your masters degree.
- M.Sc Agriculture
- M.Tech Agricultural Engineering
- M.Sc Horticulture
- M.Sc Forestry
- M.Sc Agronomy
- M.Sc Agricultural Biotechnology
- M.B.M – Agri Business Management
After completing Masters degree,you can attempt a Doctorate in a specialization of your choice and write a thesis on available topics.Scope for Research and Development jobs is high after you get your PHd.
- Phd Agriculutre
- Phd Agriculutral Engineering
- Phd in Dairy science and Technology
You can pursue a Diploma in Agriculture directly after class 10 or class 12.Some of the Diploma courses available are:
- Diploma in Agriculture and horticulture
- Diploma in Agriculture and Farm Engineering
- Post graduate Diploma in Plantation Management
- Post graduate Diploma in Food Safety & Quality
- Diploma in Value added products from fruits and vegetables
Salient Features of Diploma Agriculture courses:
- It is much easier than bachelors courses and can be directly taken after finishing 10th boards.However some diploma colleges ask for class 12 minimum.
- Diplomas are more industry focused with concentration on practical work rather than theory.
These short term or crash courses are fantastic if you want to learn new skills fast.It can be done anytime or even as a part time course and is mostly vocational based.Some are as short as 6 months and maximum 2 years long.
- Certificate in Organic Farming
- Certficate in Bee Keeping
- Certificate in Poultry Farming
- Certificate in Sericulture
Scope of Agricultural degrees
Organized Agriculture sector has tremendous potential right from soil,farming,machinary,bio prodcuts,food produce,agro produce and much more.It is booming and you can easily get a starting salary of Rs.22000 per month after doing a bachelors course.Diplomas and certificates have leswser value jobwise,unless you have previous experience.A Salary of 16,000 – 18,000 a month can be expected after doing short term courses like those.