NDA Exam 2018: Admit Card, Exam Dates, Syllabus, Exam Pattern – The National Defense academy (NDA)exam is one of the hardest and most competitive to crack.Once passed you can apply to any of the armed services and straight away get the designation of a Commissioned Officer.This exam is conducted by UPSC and has centers all over India.
The breakup of different armed forces openings is shown below:
- National Defence Academy: 355 (208 for Army, 55 for Navy and 92 for Air Force)
- Naval Academy: 55
NDA Exam Important Dates
|Notification published||15th January 2018|
|Application form available||15th January 2018|
|Last date for filling the application||5th February 2018|
|Admit card announced||1 or 2 weeks before the exam|
|Exam date||22nd April 2018|
|Result announcement||May 2018|
NDA Exam Eligibility
- a citizen of India, or
- a subject of Bhutan, or
- a subject of Nepal, or
- a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- Martial Status & Gender: Only unmarried male candidates can apply for this exam.
- NDA-I Age Limit: students must have born between 2nd July 1999 to 1st July 2002.
- NDA-II Age Limit: Candidates should have born between 2nd January 2000 to 1st July 2003.
- Only unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply.
- Candidates must undertake not to marry until they complete their full training
- A candidate who marries after the date of his application though successful at this or any subsequent Examination will not be selected for training.
- A candidate who marries during training shall be discharged and will be liable to refund all expenditure incurred on him by the Government.
- Candidates who are appearing in the 12th Class under the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination can also apply for this examination.
- Candidates appearing in the 11th class exam are not eligible for this examination.
- Those candidates who have yet to qualify in the 12th class or equivalent examination and are allowed to appear in the UPSC Examination should note that this is only a special concession given to them.
- Those candidates who have failed INSB/PABT earlier are not eligible for Air Force.
For Army Wing of National Defence Academy- 12th Class passes of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination conducted by a State Education Board or a University.
For Air Force and Naval Wings of National Defence Academy and the 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme at the Indian Naval Academy – 12th Class passes of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent with Physics and Mathematics conducted by a State Education Board or a University.
- Candidates must be physically fit according to physical standards for admission to National Defence Academy and Naval Academy Examination (II), 2016 as per guidelines are given in Appendix-IV. (I.e. some Qualified Candidates Are Rejected Subsequently On Medical Grounds. Candidates Are Therefore Advised In Their Own Interest To Get Themselves Medically Examined Before Submitting Their Applications To Avoid Disappointment At The Final Stage. Candidates are also advised to rectify minor defects/ailments to speed up finalisation of medical examination conducted at the Military Hospital after being recommended at the SSB)
- A candidate who has resigned or withdrawn on disciplinary grounds from any of the training academies of Armed Forces is not eligible to apply.
- The distance vision (corrected) should be 6/6 in better eye and 6/9 in the worse eye. Myopia should not be more than 2.5 D and hypermetropia not more than 3.5 D including Astigmatism. Internal examination of the eye will be done using the ophthalmoscope to rule out any disease of the eye.
- A candidate must have good binocular vision. The colour vision standard will be (CP-III) for Army. A candidate should be able to recognise red and green colours. Candidates will be required to give certificates that neither he nor any member of his family has suffered from congenital night blindness.
- Candidates who have undergone or have the evidence of having undergone Radial Keratotomy, to improve the visual acuity will be permanently rejected for all the Services. Candidates who have undergone Laser Surgery for correction of the refractive error are also not acceptable to defence services.
Eyesight for naval candidates
- Uncorrected without glass 6/6, 6/9
- Corrected with glass 6/6, 6/6
- Limits of Myopia –0.75
- Limits of Hypermetropia +1.5
- Binocular Vision III
- Limits of colour perception I
How to apply online for NDA Exam
1.Candidates should apply online only www.upsc.gov.in
2.Candidates are required to apply online by using the website www.upsc.gov.in
3.Brief instruction for filling up the online application form have been given in the Appendix-II
- NDA 2018 Application Form will be available via online mode from 15th January 2018 (for NDA-I) & 6th June 2018 (for NDA-II).
- NDA Registration 2018 will be done in two parts.
- In the registration part-I, candidates have to fill their personal, qualification, communication & other required details.
- After completing part-I, candidates will receive the registration number.
- In the registration part-II, students have to select the exam centres and make the fee payment through online or offline mode.
- Upload the scanned images of photograph and signature.
- Accept the declaration and take printout of the filled application form for further use.
- There is no need to send the printout of the application form to the authority.
- The application fee will be Rs. 100/- for general & OBC students.
- SC/ST candidates and wards of NCOs/ JCOs/Ors are not required to pay any application fee.
- The fee payment can be done via online mode (VISA/Master/Debit Card and Net banking).
- In offline mode, payment can be done through e-challan of SBI Bank.
Things to remember while applying –
- Candidates (excepting female SC/ST/PH candidates/ Sons of JCOs/NCOs/ORs specified in Note 2 in the notification who are exempted from payment of fee) are required to pay a fee of Rs.100/- (Rupees one hundred only) either by depositing the money in any Branch of SBI by cash, or by using net banking facility of State Bank of India/ State Bank of Bikaner and Jaipur/ Sate Bank of Hyderabad/State Bank of Mysore/State Bank of Patiala /State Bank of Travancore or by using Visa/Master Credit/Debit Card.
- For the applicants in whose case payments details have not been received from the bank they will be treated as fictitious payment cases, and a list of all such applicants shall be made available on the Commission website within two weeks after the last day of submission of online application
- The applicants shall be required to submit the proof of their fee payment within ten days from the date of such communication either by hand or by speed post to the Commission
- On receipt of documentary proof, genuine fee payment cases will be considered, and their applications will be revived if they are otherwise eligible.