A two step process is there after you have finished and pass the written examination:
- After qualifying the written examination, candidates have to appear for the SSB Interview round.
- Candidates have to appear for the SSB Interview on the date & time given in the call letter.
- The SSB interview round will be conducted in two stages over five days.
- Stage 1 will comprise of OIR (Officer Intelligence Rating) and PP & DT (Picture Perception & Description Test).
- Stage 2 will have Group Testing Officer Tasks (GTO Tasks), Psychology Tests, Interview & Conference.
Medical Examination & Document Verification:
- Candidates have to bring their original 10+2 or equivalent exam certificates to the Service Selection Board.
- Documents will be verified after clearing the SSB Interview round.
- Original documents will be returned to candidates after document verification process.
- After clearing the SSB round, shortlisted candidates have to go through the medical test.
- The medical test will be organized over three to five days.
- After the medical test, a final merit list of selected candidates for NDA will be released.
TWO STAGE SELECTION PROCEDURE
- Those candidates who qualify stage II will be required to submit the Original Certificates along with one photocopy each of original Matriculation pass certificate or equivalent in support of date of birth and Original 10+2 pass certificate or equivalent in support of educational qualification.
- Candidates who appear before the Services Selection Board and undergo the test there will do so at their own risk and will not be entitled to claim any compensation or other relief from Government in respect of any injury which they may sustain in the course of or as a result of any of the tests given to them by the Services Selection Board whether due to the negligence of any person or otherwise. Parents or guardians of the candidates will be required to sign a certificate to this effect.
- To be acceptable, candidates for the Army/Navy and Naval Academy should secure the minimum qualifying marks separately in (i) Written examination and (ii) Officer potentiality test, as fixed by the Commission in their discretion, and candidates for the Air Force should secure the minimum qualifying marks separately in (i) Written examination (ii) Officer potentiality test, and (iii) Pilot Aptitude Test as fixed by the Commission at their discretion.
- Subject to these conditions the qualified candidates will then be placed in the final order of merit on the basis of total marks secured by them in the Written examination, and the Services Selection Board Tests in three separate lists-one for the Army and the Navy, the second one for the Air Force and the third for the Course at the Naval Academy.
- The names of candidates who qualify for all the Services of NDA and the Naval Academy will appear in all the three Merit Lists.
- The final selection for admission to the Army and Naval Wings of the National Defence Academy will be made in order of merit up to the number of vacancies available from the merit list for the Army and Naval Wings, for the Air Force Wing from the merit list for the Air Force; and for the Executive Branch of Naval Academy up to the number of vacancies available from the merit list for the Naval Academy, subject to medical fitness and suitability in all other respects
- The candidates who are common to all the three merit lists will be considered for selection for all the three lists with reference to their order of preferences, and in the event of their final selection from one list, names will be cancelled from the other lists.
FACILITATION COUNTER FOR GUIDANCE OF CANDIDATES:
- In a case of any guidance’s/information/clarification regarding their application, candidature, etc. candidates can contact UPSC’s Facilitation Counter near Gate ‘C’ of its campus in person or over Telephone No.011-23385271/011-23381125/011- 23098543 on working days between 10.00 hrs. To 17.00 hrs.
Exam Pattern of NDA
There are two main papers which are written followed by an interview:
1.Mathematics of 300 marks
2.General Ability Test 600 marks
3.Interview (Personality test) of 900 marks
Note: Only Objective type question will be asked in NDA examination.
- Type of Question: There will be objective type questions asked in the examination.
- Exam Mode: The exam will be conducted through pen and paper based mode.
- Exam Duration: Two and half hour duration will be given for Code 1 and Code 2.
- Section: The exam will consist of two sections like Mathematics and General Ability Test.
- Language: The question paper will be asked in bilingual, i.e. English & Hindi only.
- Negative Marking: There will be negative marking done for wrong answers.
|Mathematics||1||2 ½ Hours||300|
|General Ability Test||2||2 ½ Hours||600|
PENALITY FOR WRONG ANSWERS:
- Candidates should note that there will be penalty (Negative Marking) answers marked by a candidate in the Objective Type Question Papers.
For complete information of NDA click here